How to watch Sportsnet NOW on your Apple TV with AirPlayArticles
Sportsnet NOW is available as a native app on 4th generation Apple TVs. On 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TVs, no Sportsnet app is available. However, you can use AirPlay to watch Sportsnet NOW on your older generation Apple TV.
In order to use AirPlay you will need:
- A 2nd, 3rd, or 4th generation Apple TV
- A modern iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod) with the latest iOS version installed
- The Sportsnet NOW app installed on your iOS device, logged in with your account credentials
- Your Apple TV and iOS device must both be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- See Apple's guide on identifying your Apple TV model
- See Apple's AirPlay guide for some basic information about AirPlay
Watching Sportsnet NOW with AirPlay
The Sportsnet NOW app does support AirPlay, but it can be a little finicky to get working right. The steps below describe a tried and true way to reliably AirPlay your content to your Apple TV.
- Start by ensuring your TV set is switched to the correct input for the Apple TV.
- Turn on (wake up) your Apple TV. This can be done by pressing any button on the Apple TV remote.
- On your iOS device, open up the Sportsnet NOW app, browse to the SN Now tab, and start playing your desired channel.
- Once the video is playing on your iOS device, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open Control Center.
- Select your Apple TV from the list of devices to play on.
- The video should now be playing on your TV. Swipe down to close Control Center.
- Leave your iOS device alone! If you open up any other media such as videos or music, it will play on the Apple TV instead of Sportsnet NOW.
I don't see the AirPlay icon on the video pane on my iOS device.
The Sportsnet NOW app is a little finicky. The AirPlay icon does not always show up. By following the steps above, you should not need to press this AirPlay icon on your video.
I get the error "An error occurred loading this content. Try again later."
This error message can happen for a number of reasons. The Sportsnet NOW app is finicky. The most reliable way to fix it is to completely close the Sportsnet NOW app and follow the steps above to reconnect via AirPlay.
Apr 4, 2019
Nov 23, 2018
Sep 17, 2018